Frank Panzeca, 2011 Dealer of the Year
Founded in 1938, CWT-Culligan was the first Culligan USA franchise. Over the last seven decades, the company has seen its share of change, but one thing stays consistent: its commitment to both its customers and employees.
The company, based in Wheaton, Ill., began by renting “portable exchange” tanks, which were installed in customers’ homes, and had to be exchanged for fresh tanks. CWT recharged the spent tanks at its regeneration facility in Wheaton. In the 1950s, the company began renting and selling softeners and filters that could be recharged at the customers’ homes, which phased out the portable exchange tanks.